Re: Q on Text Properties popup menu - shouldn't it use the pointerpositi

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Q on Text Properties popup menu - shouldn't it use the pointerposition, not the cursor position?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:08:08 -0500 (CDT)

Drew Adams wrote:

   The Describe Properties item runs describe-text-properties, which always
   references (the character after) point, never a region. Since it references
   a single position, to me the best position to use is the mouse-pointer
   position (when run from the mouse popup menu). If the mouse pointer does not
   point to a character, then an error message should say "No character here"
   or some such.

C-mouse-2 is mainly a menubar substitute and for the menubar, only the
position of point makes sense.

   BTW, I think there might also be a minor bug: Each time I use the Text
   Properties menu I get this message: "<C-drag-mouse-2> is undefined".

This is either operating system specific or fixed in the meantime.  I
can not reproduce with today's CVS on GNU/Linux.  Maybe people running
MS Windows can reproduce it.

Sincerely,

Luc.