Re: TTY Vertical divider face?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: TTY Vertical divider face?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:21:45 +0900

On 6/22/05, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hmmm on the other hand, there's already a face `border', with a
> > different meaning (for setting the X border pixel color).
>
> Is it possible to reuse the same face for vertical divider with an
> additional spec like '(((type tty) :inherit mode-line-inactive))?

That sounds pretty forced.  Ideally I'd like to rename the current
`border' face to something like `frame-border' (which is more
accurate), but I don't know if it's worth the trouble.

> A vertical divider between two windows is the right border for the
> left window, and the left border for the right window.

Technically that may be true, but I don't think most users perceive it
that way -- the vertical dividers only ever show up between pairs of
windows, and are not linked to either one; they really do act like
"dividers".  Contrast this with mode/header-lines, which show up with
single windows, and are clearly connected with their window.

However, I don't really care very much and Richard likes
vertical-border better, so I'll use that.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.