Re: mode-line highlight

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: mode-line highlight
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:25:00 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> 1 - move mouse to one of the minor modes names on the mode-line.
>     press mouse-3 to get a menu of minor modes.
>     cancel the menu by releasing outside of it (while keeping the mouse
>     cursor pointing outside of any Emacs window): the mouse-face highlight
>     will be turned back ON (on the spot where you orignally pressed
>     mouse-3), even though the mouse is not in that area any more.

FWIW, I can (sort of) reproduce this with Lucid, but not with GTK.
With GTK, the highlight is turned off as soon as I press mouse-3 (and
it stays off).  With Lucid, the highlight stays on when I press
mouse-3 and while the menu is visible.  It stays on when a release
mouse-3 outside of an Emacs frame and is turned off when I move the
mouse pointer inside an Emacs frame again.  I'm on GNU/Linux.

Lute.