w32_abort can return

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: w32_abort can return
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:43:22 +0300

The W32 build of Emacs redefines `abort' thusly:

    #define abort w32_abort

on s/ms-w32.h, and then defines `w32_abort' on w32fns.c.  Since
config.h is included before all the other headers, when the compiler
sees stdlib.h, where there's a prototype of `abort', it thinks that
`w32_abort' is a function that doesn't return, because `abort' is
declared in stdlib.h as such.

However, `w32_abort' does in fact return, if the user clicks "Ignore"
on the dialog it pops up.

This causes the compiler to produce incorrect code for every place
where Emacs calls `abort'.  It also causes a warning when compiling
w32fns.c, which is how I became aware of the problem in the first
place.

I don't see any easy way of solving this problem except if we modify
`w32_abort' to never return, even if the user clicks "Ignore".
Personally, I don't see any reason to support the Ignore option.  Is
it okay to call, e.g., `exit' in that case instead of returning?

TIA