Re: Inefficient code in reftex-index.el

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Inefficient code in reftex-index.el
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 01:08:28 +0200

> This `evaporate' idea is a good one, but I agree with the person
> who said that the indication should go at the end, not the beginning,
> of the return value.  The value returned by `match-data' has
> a defined format and this should not be broken.

I have installed the second version of the patch, adding the RESEAT arg to
match-data and set-match-data.

I extended the patch so that specifying `evaporate' for RESEAT will
free the markers immediately.

I changed save-match-data to use evaporate, but the change to replace.el
only passes `t' to match-data -- maybe it could pass evaporate as well.
David?