Re: Proposed alias.

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Proposed alias.
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:30:23 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> The name "grep-find" is quite counterintuitive and probably only
> chosen because it is in the grep package, and so the "grep-" prefix
> somewhat suggested itself.

It's not counterintuitive.  It's an extension to `grep', but it uses
find to find files recursively.  Once you're used to M-x grep RET, using
M-x grep-find RET comes naturally.

> However, I see no merit for adding the alias you suggest here.  What
> would the logic behind it be?

It does the same thing as `grep-find', but presents the results
differently.  I often find myself typing "M-x g r e p TAB" then having
to erase the command and begin with "f i n d -" to use
`find-grep-dired', because what I want to do is use grep, not use find.

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | I've become someone else's
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | nightmare...