Emacs carbon crash, and beginner question...

From: Martin Fredriksson
Subject: Emacs carbon crash, and beginner question...
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:51:14 +0100

I just experienced a couple of crashes in Emacs carbon (current build). Just died, no message, nothing. Yes, yes, I know this is a stupid thing to say to you all; I'm just setting the stage for following even lamer question:

Is there a quick way to read up on how to get Emacs (particularly Carbon) to log more, run it in debug mode, or otherwise helpful things to get some more info about intermittent crash problems? Just knowing whether it was Emacs itself which decided to quit silently or if some OS function is the source of problem would be very useful. I guess what I'm asking for is pointer to docs to read, tips, etc, with the goal of getting a quick start into more serious Emacs debugging.

/m