Re: find-file-hook as illustration of Custom problems

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: find-file-hook as illustration of Custom problems
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 03:10:46 -0500

    If you mean removing the "Changed outside Custom" warning from those
    rogue-at-startup (with emacs -q) variables that are really harmless,
    then I could definitely do that way in time for Emacs 22 (old 21.4).

    The way in which I would do that could be a temporary solution until a
    more fundamental solution is implemented.  I could mention that in a
    comment.

This is the wrong solution.  The right solution for variables such as
minibuffer-prompt-properties is to set up a valid expression for its
standard value.  It may be necessary to store the current default
value in a new variable so that the standard value can use that
variable.  This is easy and simple, it's just that each variable needs
to be looked at separately.  Would you like to do this for some
of the variables?