Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmat

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Customize buttons that change user's customfileshouldaskforconfirmation
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:45:32 +0000 (UTC)

   I like that though I still believe "Erase" is needed. Maybe "Erase All"?

Since customize automatically rewrites your initialization file,
"Erase All" or `(customize-erase-all)' means converting your setqs to
the default values and deleting your defuns.

It means converting to an instance of Emacs such as you see when
invoking `emacs -Q'.

In such an Emacs, when you run a command such as

    M-x customize-option RET baud-rate RET

it says `this option has been changed outside the customize buffer'.

In this case, since this instance of Emacs lacks an initialization
file, this means value is set as the default in the distribution.

As far as I can see the phrase "Erase All" or the command
`customize-erase-all' is useless.  People will be better off starting
an instance of Emacs with `emacs -Q'.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8