Re: search-whitespace-regexp

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: search-whitespace-regexp
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 07:39:23 +0900

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:21:27 -0500, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Wait.  That doesn't make any sense.  I haven't seen *anyone* ask for plain
> search to treat spaces as "just one SPC char".  AFAICT everybody is happy
> with the behavior where a space in the search text is interpreted as "any
> sequence of blank chars".

FWIW, there are definitely cases where I get pissed at regexp-search
for doing that -- it's not always the case that one is just searching
for words that are separated by "some whitespace", sometimes the
actual whitespace matters.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.