Re: Popup when buffer file is changed on disk

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Popup when buffer file is changed on disk
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 19:17:28 +0100

I am only able to implement this on w32. I guess it should be
straightforward to do the same for other OS:es if there are events for app
activation/deactivation (which I suppose there are). The only part that
differs is the "real message loop".

I haven't seen other OS:es (i.e. Unix) use the terms activate/deactivate for applications. What does it mean? That some GUI window for the application gets focus? In that case a better implementation is to generate a lisp event for FOCUS_IN. That should work on all platforms directly.

        Jan D.