Re: xfaces.c: error: `ngcs' undeclared

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: xfaces.c: error: `ngcs' undeclared
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:25:07 +0900

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:58:03 +0100, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Does it disable auto-save mode?
>
> No.  But still, some work is not always saved (e.g. if you work in a
> shell buffer, or while composing a mail message).

Mail composition buffers are auto-saved; Gnus also checkpoints its
state whenever you exit a group.  I find the main annoyance is process
state.

One habit I have adopted since using starting to use the development
version of Emacs is creating scratch buffers by doing "C-x C-f
/tmp/foo" rather than just "C-x b foo", which ensures that they're
autosaved too.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.