Re: address@hidden: Re: x-backspace-delete-keys-p]

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: x-backspace-delete-keys-p]
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:35:20 +0100

Jan D. wrote:

If you have (like I usually have) Backspace and Delete on the same key (Shift-Backspace generates a Delete) and no other delete key, XKeysymToKeycode will return the same key for XK_Backspace and XK_Delete. The code suggested will then incorrectly assume there are two keys.

The code could be modified to check for different keysyms for delete and backspace, but I'm not sure what problem it is trying to solve. Doesn't the current code work?

That should be "different keycodes" of course.

   Jan D.