Re: [OSX] G4 compiled binary fails on G5

From: Steven Tamm
Subject: Re: [OSX] G4 compiled binary fails on G5
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:40:17 -0800

I'm running 10.3.7 on a G5 and only have ncurses.5. However I have had this problem before.

My suspicion is that you have fink installed on your machine and the other person does not. For example, I have fink and my build uses /sw/lib/ncurses. Fink's ncurses is incompatible with the normal one by design. If you look in the Makefile, the CC line will be "gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/liib" This is very useful for most builds, but not for binary builds.

You should recompile and either run
make CC=gcc
or
make-package -M,CC=gcc