Re: Item for TODO?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Item for TODO?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:54:49 -0500

    I can configure a menu-item as a button in X, but if I do the same on a tty
    it just presents me with a list of completions (of top-level menu items).
    Thats not true. Text-only does not mean "no mouse". The command
    tmm-menubar-mouse can be invoked by clicking on on the menubar with the
mouse.

If mouse selection doesn't work right for a menu bar item that has no
menu, then it's a bug.  Fixing it should be much easier than adding a
separate tool bar.  Also, since it is a bug fix, it is ok to do it
now.

I still don't think that a tool bar would have any advantage
over the menu bar, for a tty.