Re: Emacs 21.3.50.1 (CVS sources) MacOS X tex-mode bug

From: Nozomu Ando
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.3.50.1 (CVS sources) MacOS X tex-mode bug
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:20:18 +0900

Steven Tamm <address@hidden> writes:
> I changed mac-win.el to use ptys on darwin 7 and higher (i.e. OSX
> 10.3) based on this variable.

If my understanding is correct, we cannot use ptys at all on darwin 6
or below now?

Ptys on darwin 6 have the problem of data loss at the end of the stream,
but they are still useful for interactive subprocesses, such as M-x shell.

Moreover, we can fix the kernel of darwin 6 becuase its source is available.

Could you please re-consider the last change and make it user's selectable
that emacs should use ptys or not by setting process-connection-type ?
---
Nozomu Ando