Re: ispell-region with M-$ in transient-mark-mode

From: Geoff Kuenning
Subject: Re: ispell-region with M-$ in transient-mark-mode
Date: 20 Jan 2005 23:00:56 +0100

>> Instead of this, I propose to call the command `ispell' which already
>> checks a region or a buffer depending on the values of `transient-mark-mode'
>> and `mark-active'.
>
>     IMHO this is a good idea.  In general, if we can do something useful
>     and sufficiently intuitive instead of throwing an error, we should.

How would this work for those of us who don't use transient-mark-mode?
Would it always just check the current region?  I'd find that
acceptable, since I could just do C-x h before I run ispell.  (I
usually do that anyway; it's kind of comical how often I do C-x h and
then use ispell-buffer.)
--
    Geoff Kuenning   address@hidden   http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

The DMCA criminalizes curiosity.  It would put Susie in jail for
taking her stereo apart to see how it works.