Re: What lookup-key returns for an undefined key

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What lookup-key returns for an undefined key
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:08:17 -0500

    In any case, I think that the change to dired-mode-map should be in
    NEWS.

This is an implementation detail.  In general, programs that depend on
the internal behavior of various parts of Emacs may break when we
change those internals.  I don't want NEWS to describe internal
changes merely because of this; it would distract people from more
important changes by burying them in lots of minor ones.

However, the change in suppress-keymap ought to be in NEWS.