Re: Bug 130397

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Bug 130397
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:39:36 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Now encoding the whole text can't be realistically done, so we need to first
> recognize words, then encode them, then use those vars.
> I.e. the word-recogniztion code shouldn't use CASECHARS, NOT-CASECHARS,
> OTHERCHARS, MANY-OTHERCHARS-P, EXTENDED-CHARACER-MODE, and CHARACTER-SET.

It seems that it doesn't work.  The documentation of
ispell-dictionary-alist says as this:

OTHERCHARS is a regexp of characters in the NOT-CASECHARS set but which can be
used to construct words in some special way.  If OTHERCHARS characters follow
and precede characters from CASECHARS, they are parsed as part of a word,
otherwise they become word-breaks.  As an example in English, assume the
regular expression "[']" for OTHERCHARS.  Then "they're" and
"Steven's" are parsed as single words including the "'" character, but
"Stevens'" does not include the quote character as part of the word.
If you want OTHERCHARS to be empty, use the empty string.
Hint: regexp syntax requires the hyphen to be declared first here.

MANY-OTHERCHARS-P is non-nil when multiple OTHERCHARS are allowed in a word.
Otherwise only a single OTHERCHARS character is allowed to be part of any
single word.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden