Chord bindings for prev-buffer and next-buffer?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: Chord bindings for prev-buffer and next-buffer?
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 10:31:16 -0800

The new commands `prev-buffer' and `next-buffer' are very welcome.

With chord bindings, you could use these commands to easily and quickly
cycle among buffers. A glance at the subject of switching buffers at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryBufferSwitching shows that
such buffer cycling is a need that has been answered many times by many
different libraries.

However, the default bindings for these commands are `C-x <left>' and `C-x
<right>', which are not chords, so cannot be simply pressed and held to
cycle among buffers.

Can we find some available chord bindings and change these defaults?

(In my own Emacs I use `C-<pause>' and `M-<pause>', but I'm not suggesting
that those are particularly good choices - they just happened to be
available to me.)

 - Drew