emacs-pretest-bug (Was: [bug] line move and truncation)

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: emacs-pretest-bug (Was: [bug] line move and truncation)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:18:36 +0200

Lars Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
> Kim F. Storm wrote:
>>I just posted an analysis of the problem to emacs-pretest-bug ...
>
> Thanks.
> BTW, who is monitoring emacs-pretest-bug?

This is a serious problem.  It seems many Emacs developers are not
subscribed to emacs-pretest-bug.  That might explain why some bugs
remain unfixed.  Also often bug reports results in discussions that
should belong to emacs-devel, and where unsubscribed Emacs developers
can't participate.  And often developers report bugs on emacs-devel,
(perhaps anticipating a possible discussion).  So really emacs-pretest-bug
looks like a part of emacs-devel "hidden" from many Emacs developers.
This hampers the development.  A good solution is to declare
emacs-pretest-bug obsolete and to change the value of
`report-emacs-bug-pretest-address' to "address@hidden".

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/