Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: enriched-mode and switching major modes.
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:03:34 -0400

    Even if `kill-all-local-variables' does not kill these variables, the
    major mode can override them.  In the case of `indent-line-function',
    most modes that are usually combined with Enriched mode will.

Maybe that one shouldn't be set by Enriched mode.
I think the motive for setting it was to make it easy
to preserve the left-margin indent of a paragraph.

Without this particular setting, how easy is it to do that?

It is useful to set

    If necessary, we could have several derived modes of the new major mode
    Enriched mode, that would essentially have the same effect as enabling
    a second major mode, but in a way that does not try to "fight" with
    Enriched mode.

That is a very bad idea.