[Gnus] @copying in {pgg,sieve}.texi; FLIM files (was: nndb.el requires t

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [Gnus] @copying in {pgg,sieve}.texi; FLIM files (was: nndb.el requires tcp)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:12:26 +0200

On Fri, Sep 10 2004, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
>> Maybe it be better to install it only in Emacs CVS _or_ in v5-10 (Gnus
>> stable branch) and let it propagate to the other by Miles' arch
>> synching?  We should do whatever is more convenient for Miles, I
>> think.
[...]
> Syncing V5-10 and Emacs CVS automatically seems useful, but there
> are some stuff in Gnus CVS for XEmacs compatibility that
> historically hasn't been included in the Emacs Gnus version.

Some XEmacs specific files have been left out.  But no compatibility
code in the other files was removed.  Doing so would make it very hard
to sync the versions.

> Several files in Gnus CVS also says 'This file is part of FLIM'
> instead of 'This file is part of Emacs', which presumably have to be
> updated when/if all those files are added to Emacs.

Yes, most probably.  This should also be changed in Gnus' CVS (v5-10
and trunk).  These are `hex-util.el' and `sha1.el' in Emacs and v5-10
and some more in the Gnus trunk.

Maybe the copyright parts (Invariant Sections, ...) in pgg.texi and
sieve.texi also need to be adjusted.  Maybe someone who knows more on
those issues could take a look into this.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)