Re: void variable

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: void variable
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:18:25 -0400

    What about:
    1. Docstrings of defvar, defcustom and let briefly explain what happens
    if a local binding exist when defvar or defcustom is evaluated _and_
    mention the autoloading pitfall.

I think that is going overboard.  It would be tiresome to mention
this in every doc string that relates to variables.  It should be
enough to say this in the section on autoloading.

    2. Manual explain the same a bit more elaborate and direct people to
    autoload relevant variables to avoid the pitfall.

That could mean too many things, so I have no opinion.