Re: Tramp and file-precious-flag.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tramp and file-precious-flag.
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:24:32 -0500 (CDT)

I am talking about the latest Tramp (not Emacs) CVS version of
tramp.el.  (It seems obvious that a further merge with Emacs CVS is
necessary before release of Emacs-21.4.)

When I create a new file with `file-precious-flag' eq t, using Tramp
(ssh), then initially `visited-file-modtime' now returns (-1 65535).
That is good.  However, when I then make changes and save them, the
return value after that is _still_ (-1 65535).  As a result, when I
try to make changes, I get warned that the file has changed on disk.
Only when I save the file for the _second_ time does it get a "real"
modtime, after which everything works normally.

Sincerely,

Luc.