xterm-mouse-mode on console does not work..

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: xterm-mouse-mode on console does not work..
Date: 22 Jul 2004 13:59:50 +0200

Hi.

I have an emacs from cvs 10-july-2004 where xterm-mouse-mode does not
work. I suppose this must be some time now because that file was not
changed for half a year..

The emacs runs on a debian gnu/linux (stable/woodie) system inside of
screen. I connect via ssh to that screen. But the same thing is true
without screen..

emacs -q --no-site-file
M-x xterm-mouse-mode
C-h k "mouse1" --> <mouse-1> is undefinded.
M-x load-library mouse
C-h k "mouse1" --> <down-mouse-1> at that spot runs the command
mouse-drag-region

However every time i click somewhere with mouse-1 i get
Symbol's function definition is void: track-mouse
in the echo area.

That first error could be solved with a (require 'mouse) in
xt-mouse.el.
The function track-mouse is defined in C code so i'm not sure what to
do about that?

Does xt-mouse.el work for others? Could my system oder setup of my
system be at fault?

Thanks,
Stephan
--