Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:26:52 -0400

      We have a number
    > of other Lisp packages (Eshell, CC-Mode, Ediff, etc.) with subtle
    > dependencies among their *.el files, but "make recompile" always does
    > TRT for them.

We should try to get rid of these dependencies,
and certainly not introduce any more.

If I had had time to maintain Emacs more thoroughly,
including studying how these things work, I would probably
have insisted on redesigning them.  But I didn't have time,
and I don't really know about these problems.