Re: Gnus update

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Gnus update
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:38:22 +0200

On Fri, Jul 16 2004, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     I would assume that all *important* changes committed by Dave and
>     ShengHuo in Emacs' CVS have also been applies in Gnus CVS.
>
> If they were committed by ShengHuo, I expect he took care of the same
> problems in the separate Gnus repository too.  That is because he is
> one of the main Gnus developers.  Is there a specific reason to expect
> that Dave's changes are already in the separate Gnus repository?

Dave has write access to Gnus' CVS and often does commits there.

In a private mail (to Miles, Lars, ShengHuo and me) about this topic
Dave wrote that he some changes for the benefit of Emacs 22
(encoding/API issues).

Apart from that, I see from Gnus' ChangeLog that he installed many
changes in Gnus 5.10 related to message de/encoding (rfc2047.el,
mm-*.el, ...).  IIRC there also were entries in Emacs'
lisp/gnus/ChangeLog from Dave mentioning "(partial) sync with Gnus" or
similar.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,