Re: time values

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: time values
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:26:14 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

   By the way, your current code seems to assume that
   `visited-file-modtime' is not 0.  Are you sure of that?

Yes.  I should have read the code of `verify-visited-file-modtime'
more carefully.  If `visited-file-modtime' returns 0, then
`verify-visited-file-modtime' does not even call the handler.

   Actually, it might be sufficient, because
   `tramp-handle-verify-visited-file-modtime' probably never will get
   called if the buffer is not visiting a file.  Are we sure of this?

Yes, for the same reason.  So there was no reason to worry about that
either.

Well, at least there is no reason to worry about those two things
_unless_ `tramp-handle-verify-visited-file-modtime' could be called
from some place else than `verify-visited-file-modtime', which would
however surprise me.

There are still problems with the last `t' clause.  I will submit a
revised patch tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Luc.