Re: ECB

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: ECB
Date: 05 Jul 2004 08:53:35 -0400

> I recall your email to me.  The current CVS version has since been
> updated to delay parsing to an idle timer.  Tools that need the
> buffer parsed now must wait until an idle timer goes off, so related
> decorations don't show up till a few seconds after the buffer is
> visible.

Great to hear.

> Your other request of disabling parsing for an individual
> mode is still on my to-do list but it is unclear to me what to do
> about it since all the load-time hooks are auto-generated in
> auto-load files.

I'm not sure whether it should be on the todo list.  I think I mentioned it
more as a "this is so slow, please do *something*".  Other approaches such
as laziness are much better.

But if it's still deemed necessary, a way to "enable for a few specific
modes" would be more useful to me than a way to "disable for a few specific
modes".

        Stefan