Re: problem with C-x C-f

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: problem with C-x C-f
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:11:59 +0200 (CEST)

>     After checking the info files I found the function
>     find-file-literally.  While it works, it still gives the above
>     error message which is irritating IMHO.
>
> When I try find-file-literally, it does not give me any
> error message.  It simply works.

Thank you for indirectly reminding me to report errors only with
`emacs -q'.  With emacs CVS 2004-05-25, `C-x C-f' actually works to
load my plain text `errata.z' file.  I'll soon do some checks to find
out which part of my .emacs file causes the problem.  Sorry for the
noise.

Interestingly, find-file-literally doesn't work.  I get the following
in the *Messages* buffer after doing `M-x find-file-literally
errata.z', immediately after starting with `emacs -q':

  byte-code: Cannot do file visiting in a non-empty buffer

This seems to be a real bug now.

    Werner