Re: display word wrapping

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:28:19 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> - Tramp reentrancy rework
>
>   This is really a bug-fix, but seems to require major changes.

Indeed.

>   Maybe we don't really need to do this for 21.4, if there is a
>   simpler way to simply avoid reentrancy (e.g. disable auto-revert in
>   remote buffers).

Yes, disabling auto-revert in remote buffers seems the way to go.

I wonder, how does Ange-FTP deal with this?  I can't remember any
code for queueing requests, so in theory it might suffer from similar
problems as Tramp.  One difference between Tramp and Ange-FTP is that
Tramp often invokes long-running shell commands (for inline
transfer), whereas Ange-FTP just sends a simple put/get for the file
transfer, and the transfer itself happens out of band.

Kai