Re: display word wrapping

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: 26 May 2004 22:58:33 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> > - Gnus update
> >
> >   If this cannot be done real soon now, maybe we should postpone it.
>
> I think that might be a mistake: Gnus is a major subsystem and IIRC
> the "new" Gnus has had several important changes and additions.

I use the Gnus in emacs CVS, and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Sure, there are (lots of?) users who are using Oort Gnus now, but
not upgrading Gnus for 21.4 doesn't make 21.4 any worse than 21.3.

Of course, it would be very nice if 21.4 has a newer Gnus, and I would
probably welcome that (don't know, as I never had the time to look).

Can you tell me if upgrading from 21.3 (with old Gnus) to 21.4 (with
new Gnus) will require ANY changes to gnus configuration?

I hope not, as Gnus setup still is pretty "magic" even to me.

> Checking the manual, I guess.

Indeed!

We also need to reorder NEWS, and possibly write anti-news for the manual.

> In the realm of bugfixes, the scrolling and redisplay behavior might
> still need work.

Definitely.  Better scrolling behaviour, notably in the presense of
tall images is top of my list.