Re: python-mode (python.el): python-backspace

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: python-mode (python.el): python-backspace
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:08:09 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> I suppose it depends on who you talk too -- I suspect people who would
> like RET bound to `newline-and-indent' (and there seem to be quite a few
> of them, judging from the mailing lists) might also like DEL bound to
> something higher-level too, and the people who strongly oppose the
> former binding might hate the latter as well...

I don't think a binding that attempts to keep the Python source
syntactically correct in a simple way is comparable with rebinding RET
like that, which isn't related to the language syntax.

I guess someone could ask Barry Warsaw & al what complaints there were
about the similar binding in his mode.

I still don't understand the comments from the head of this thread
about the behaviour of python-backspace, which I can't reproduce.