Alt key unavailable in GTK

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Alt key unavailable in GTK
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:38:00 +0200

When the current Emacs CVS snapshot is built using GTK and I press the
Alt key, it behaves exactly the same way as if the Meta key was actually
pressed.  I couldn't find a way to distinguish between the two keys nor
could find any information about the problem in documentation.  When the
same snapshot is compiled with Athena, the Meta and Alt keys work fine,
as expected.

So I think it is a bug.