default-text-properties

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: default-text-properties
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 20:33:22 -0500 (CDT)

I did:

emacs-21.3.50 -q --eval "(blink-cursor-mode 0)"

Execute the following example from (elisp)Examining Properties:

(setq default-text-properties '(foo 69)
                char-property-alias-alist nil)
nil
(set-text-properties 1 2 nil)
(get-text-property 1 'foo)
nil

in the *scratch* buffer, or apparently any other buffer.

The last value should not have been nil, but 69.  It was 69 in CVS
from, I believe, less than two days ago.  I have read through the code
of Fget_text_property and the functions it calls.  That code should
result in a return value of 69.  From checking on Savannah, no changes
to any of that code occurred since a few days ago, when it _did_
return 69.  Complete mystery to me.  Did anybody  make changes recently
that could explain this?

Sincerely,

Luc.