Re: USE_LSB_TAG and MS-DOS

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: USE_LSB_TAG and MS-DOS
Date: 18 May 2004 09:36:10 -0400

> We should be very careful though -- because historically things like memalign
> were implemented as dumb wrappers around malloc, they can behave very badly;
> here's what the GNU Libc manual says:

As I said, the code doesn't use memalign.
Also by `memalign' I actually mean `posix_memalign' which has no known
broken implementation (but is recent and only part of a non-core element of
POSIX, so it's missing from several systems).
We already use `posix_memalign' actually, when available, to get the
multiple-of-1024 alignment used for cons_blocks (I introduced this when
I got rid of the markbit).

        Stefan