Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 18:38:21 -0500 (CDT)

I am just blundering along, I guess.

I got function names to print out correctly at higher up frames, but
then I went back to that particular frame and did as you suggested:

(gdb) down 83
#0  abort () at emacs.c:433
433   kill (getpid (), SIGABRT);
(gdb) up 9
#9  0x0813cb75 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0xbffe7980) at eval.c:2783
2783              val = funcall_lambda (fun, numargs, args + 1);
(gdb) p *args
$24 = 143080985
(gdb) pr

(gdb) p *args
$25 = 143080985
(gdb) xtype
Lisp_Symbol
(gdb) xsymbol
$26 = (struct Lisp_Symbol *) 0x8873e18
Argument to arithmetic operation not a number or boolean.
(gdb) p *$26
$27 = {
  gcmarkbit = 1,
  indirect_variable = 0,
  constant = 0,
  interned = 2,
  xname = 141437083,
  value = 138193577,
  function = 143176652,
  plist = 138193553,
  next = 0x8453fb8
}

Then I instinctively typed:

(gdb) pr

Should have known better:

0x0814c829 in print_object (obj=17, printcharfun=138277665,
escapeflag=1)
    at print.c:1607
1607    register unsigned char *p = SDATA (SYMBOL_NAME (obj));
The program being debugged was signaled while in a function called
from GDB.
GDB remains in the frame where the signal was received.
To change this behavior use "set unwindonsignal on"
Evaluation of the expression containing the function (debug_print)
will be abandoned.