Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:09:09 -0500 (CDT)

Lars Hansen wrote:

   For a long time I have experienced occasional crashes of CVS Emacs,
   usually during Tramp operations.

Are you using global-auto-revert-mode?  I get all kinds of problems
using Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode enabled: bizarre error
messages, hangs, crashes.  For the crashes, see thread "Tramp with
global-auto-revert-mode."  My backtrace looks very similar to yours.
The crash is also during garbage collection.  I ever never been able
to reproduce any of them with global-auto-revert-mode disabled.  But
maybe I did not try for long enough.

I have a very slow connection.

Sincerely,

Luc.