Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:32:01 -0400

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 11:07:48PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> Gosh, I've never suspected that the toolbar was implemented as a frame.
> Why so? It sounds a strange idea to me.

It's not, but the (non-GTK) toolbar is implemented using the emacs display
engine which has aforementioned restriction in many places.  IIRC, it's more
like a funny sort of window than a frame (not exactly that either though --
e.g., I don't think it shows up in the window tree).

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!