Re: help-go-back

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: help-go-back
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 00:32:30 +0300

Karl Chen <address@hidden> writes:
> `Help-go-back' hasn't been working.  Here are two possible fixes.
>
> I think `help-go-back' was kludgey before (that's why it broke) so
> patch #2 is better.

I think the second patch is better, because it doesn't rely on
the location of the [back] button.

> It would also be nice if there were a `help-go-forward' (opposite
> of `help-go-back').  I can write this if there is interest.

It is not possible to implement it with the current `help-xref-stack'
variable.  A new variable could be added that will record the full
Help history.  And it might be as useful as full history of Info nodes
where an additional variable with full history was added recently.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/