Re: Feature freeze and Tramp?

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Feature freeze and Tramp?
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 12:15:59 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Kai Grossjohann <address@hidden> writes:
>> Thanks to everyone for sharing their opinion.  I've now tried to
>> update Tramp to 2.0.40.
>
> The arch tagline for `man/trampver.texi' got stomped on.

Argh.  I forgot, /again/.  Sorry.  I've now tried to resurrect the
line.

> Looking at it, it looks like a generated file -- should it not be stored
> in the archive at all?  Or is a `generated but not locally' file?
> If that's the case I can use an explicit tag instead of a tagline.

In the Tramp CVS repository, the Tramp version is an Autoconf macro.
The file texi/trampver.texi.in in that repository contains an @FOO@
string, and texi/trampver.texi is generated from it to contain the
version number.

Then the file texi/trampver.texi is transferred to the Emacs CVS
repository.

So if I understand you correctly, the `generated but not locally' part
is true.

I've now put the arch tagline in trampver.texi.in, was this the right
thing to do?

Thanks for your patience,
Kai