Re: isearch-yank-char

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: isearch-yank-char
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:40:26 +0000 (UTC)

I have been using the proposed new key bindings for isearch.el

    (define-key map "\C-b" 'isearch-del-char)
    (define-key map "\C-f" 'isearch-yank-char)

I really like the commands but find it almost impossible to remember
to stop the isearch before moving forward or back by character.

Perhaps `Meta-Control' bindings would be better, as was suggested.

    As I slowly update it,                     address@hidden
        I rewrite a "What's New" segment for   http://www.rattlesnake.com