Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Subject: Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors
Date: 02 May 2004 18:02:50 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> So a closure is just:
>   (curry (lambda (env arg1 ...) ...)
>          environment-vector)
> Since the curried-functions are very, very, simple[*], I think it shouldn't
> be a problem to merge that into the trunk.

I checked your modfication to funcall, so I see a closure can be a
two-element vector [fn env], which is very nice.  But then why do you
also use element 7 in byte code objects?

> [*] basically my patch just makes lisp vectors funcallable

I think that's great!  I've been reading up on Common Lisp
"funcallable instances", which are function objects that are
simultaneously class instances.  With standard byte code objects, I
could store instance slots in an unused byte code element, but with
funcallable vectors, I can store the slots in the vector.

--
Lars Brinkhoff,         Services for Unix, Linux, GCC, HTTP
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/