Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)
Date: 26 Oct 2003 08:11:35 +0200

> From: Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:10:04 +0100
>
> Reminds me...  I'd like to see C-z de-assigned from
> iconify-or-deiconify-frame.  It happens to me much to often that I
> press this key combo by accident without the possibility to 'undo' (C-g)
> this action.  I'm forced to use features of the windowmanager to
> deiconify Emacs.  This isn't userfriendly.

Why can't you simply unbind C-z in your .emacs?  There's always "C-x
C-z" which does the same, should you need that.

I have a similar problem, except that in my case C-z is bound to a
different command.  I'm so used to that other command that when I
work in "emacs -q" or on someone else's machine, I frequently forget
and press C-z.  But I never thought it was a reason good enough to
unbind C-z by default: it is simply my personal problem, so I deal
with it as God intended. ;-)

> People are used to make use of the windowmanager to iconify a frame;

Only some ``people''; others don't want to move their hands to the
mouse or some function key to do that.