Re: bug in save-some-buffers or diff.el?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bug in save-some-buffers or diff.el?
Date: 23 Oct 2003 08:06:39 +0200

> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
> Date: 23 Oct 2003 07:53:22 +0300
>
> Anyhow, I'm just trying to find the solution to the real problem about
> warnings that go unnoticed because they become overwritten by the
> new messages in the minibuffer.

My personal imperfect solution is to watch closely the echo area, and
if I see any message(s) flash by that I didn't expect, I look them up
later in the *Messages* buffer.

For messages about *.el files being newer than the corresponding .elc,
perhaps we could add an option to sit-for 2 seconds after displaying
each such message.  It should be off by default, of course.