Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: suggested feature -- console-mode frame title sets Xterm title
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:07:00 -0400

    However, on X frames it has the user-visible behaviour of setting the
    title, although inside emacs it is really setting f->name.  Once you
    have done this, the format produced by frame-title-format is no longer
    seen.  I wonder if any users count on this?

That's specifying an explicit title.  There needs to be a way
to specify an explicit title, but I think we should disconnect
it from the name parameter.

I think it is ok to change the behavior of set-frame-name.
It can't be used terribly often.