Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Danilo Segan
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:35:48 +0200

субота, 04. октобар 2003. 20:43:37 CEST — Jan D. написа:
I think Emacs should just do that. Like the text tool in Gnome that uses the theme look for all widgets (menus, dialogs), but lets you customize the text foreground and background colour. GTK Emacs could behave like this, i.e. use faces as it does now for the text shown in buffers, but not for GTK widgets.

Yes, Emacs does it just fine for me, so I'm not complaining -- I just mentioned it to signal that it would be really rare to have users set Emacs scrollbar colors when using Gtk+, so bug (if there is any, because I don't see it) is minor.

What's else to add to "compatibility" might be making use of Gtk+ icons for toolbars, instead of the built-in ones. Of course, it would be even nicer to use Gtk+ toolbar, but that's a bit more work (methinks).

Cheers,
Danilo