Re: inappropriate whole-frame flicker

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: inappropriate whole-frame flicker
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:17:37 -0400

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 12:53:06PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> We could also use a macro SET_GLYPH_FIELD (fieldname, value) which would
> normally set the field using the standard place to find the glyph.  But
> when DEBUG, there would be two copies of the glyph, one initialized to all
> 0s and one initialized to all 1s.  Then SET_GLYPH_FIELD would set the
> specified field in both glyphs.  If the two glyphs are not identical, some
> field was not set.

Please don't do this now (if ever).

That would uglify the code enormously, as well as causing many patching
conflicts for out-of-tree code involving redisplay.

Since the glyph stuff wasn't the cause of the problems I was seeing, there
doesn't seem to be any urgency to making this particular aspect of glyph
debugging easier.

-Miles
--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?