Re: Cannot connect to X server

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to X server
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:12:56 -0400

    When I invoke emacs on AIX 5.1 it gives me the following error message.

    emacs: Cannot connect to X server hollowman:0.0.
    Check the DISPLAY environment variable or use `-d'.
    Also use the `xhost' program to verify that it is set to permit
    connections from your machine.

Did you verify that the X server on hollowman allows connections from
the machine where Emacs is running?  The fix could be as simple as
running xhost.

If the problem is not that, then I don't know what to do.
I hope someone finds a solution and tells the Emacs developers.